Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I like to think I've a very open person who just happens to keep things to herself. Even with friends I'm very aware of what I'm saying about myself. I like to keep certain things under wraps. But certain things I say lightly that tend to need a heavier connotation. I'm just not as affected by important stuff as I am by trivial stuff. Does that make any sense? For instance, I know that one of our three cats is going to die soon. You wanna know how I know? She's twenty fucking one years old. That's exceptionally old for a cat. Cats usually do not make it to the US's legal drinking age. But whenever I say this fact people are all like "Woah!" (not literally, but the reaction is something along those lines). It's just a fact of life. She's older than I am, she doesn't look too good.

I like to look at things very practically, I don't think that's a problem. Don't get me wrong, I'm a very whimsical person, but when it comes to cats dying and friends making dumb decisions I can't help but be totally practical. In the end I think it's better that I don't sugarcoat everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment