Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Classic Facebook "I Hate" Post

I secretly love doing things like this, I do them and never put them anywhere. Here's 25ish things I hate (I use ish because I don't know if I'll get that far).

1. I hate that I'm not English.
2. I hate hot weather in all its forms. Dry heat and humidity are equally bad. Gimme chilly fall days and I'll be fine.
3. I hate how when men age they get puffy. You know? It's a slow process, but they all do it.
4. I hate that Simon Amstell no longer hosts Nevermind the Buzzcocks.
5. I hate that My Chemical Romance and Panic at the Disco are lumped in with all those other pop punk screamo emo bands. They're not. PATD have always done incredibly interesting things with both their music and lyrics. Just because the singer has a high voice and they're on Fueled by Ramen doesn't make them Fall Out Boy. And MCR are constantly developing and have always made good music, whether you want to wallow or dance. Neither bands are similar to Cartel or All Time Low or Fall Out Boy or any of that crap.
6. I hate that I can't afford those beautiful Steve Maddens with the blue zippers on the side.
7. I hate people who can't think about anything other than themselves. When you're having a bad day, it's common courtesy to not bring everyone else you're hanging out with down. Other people have problems too, we all deal with them by turning up the music, having a good cup of coffee and watching some good comedy. Maybe you should too.
8. I hate that the new single from Robots in Disguise isn't on Itunes US yet.
9. I hate that there isn't a 60s vintage scene to start a club night with.
10. I hate that I don't know how to DJ.
11. I hate it when my cat plays with my socks and leaves them in various places around the house. I bought you a cat toy for a reason!
12. I hate that overwhelming feeling I get when I go into a record store.
13. Also, I hate feeling judged when I buy things at record stores.
14. I hate when girls bring their fathers into Victoria's Secret. It's creepy and weird.
15. I hate people who are pro life and also support the death penalty. Make up your mind!!!
16. I hate that I have to wait until Christmas to get the new polaroid camera. And it might not even happen!
17. I hate that I'm running out of things to hate.
18. I hate not being able to speak my mind around people because I'm afraid that we'll get in a big fight and not be friends anymore.
19. I hate sexists. Make your own fucking sandwich.
20. I fucking HATE Glenn Beck.
21. I hate that this is 2010 and not 1966.
22. I hate that I've never been out of the country before.
23. I hate that the Future Sailors DVD hasn't been released in the US yet, and in order to watch it I'll have to get a special DVD plugin coded for no region or region 2. All DVD's should be universal. Fucking region system.
24. I hate that I can't journal like Faris Badwan or my friend Shayna. I attempted a journal this past year and there were very few good pages.
25. (stealing this one from Daniel Tosh) I hate that there's more than one show about cake. It's cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment