Friday, December 25, 2009

Hope I Die Before I Get Old

Grandmother dearest came over today, for Christmas, you know. I don't see her often, because she lives in a nursing home. She's got really bad Alzheimers. Hearing her say the same things over and over again can be funny at times, but today it really made me think.
See, we have a lot of stuff from her old house in ours. She kept asking, "does this look familiar to me?" about all of said stuff. That must suck. Like having permanent deja vu. I know it would drive me crazy. It's strange how when we get old we revert back to being children. My mother had to coax her to take her pills, like she did with me and my vitamins when I was a kid. She literally bribed my grandmother with a cookie.
I don't think it would be fun to have permanent deja vu. I would get tired of never seeing anything new. Not that she would be able to remember anything new.

No comments:

Post a Comment